Having a baby or young child can make exercising a little trickier, but there are ways around fitting this vital part of your wellness in. Exercise and fresh air does make us happy, and happy parents often mean happy babies & children. So, here are a few tips on how you can get out running with your little ones in a pram.
◦ Get a 3 wheeler. Do your research like you would a car- these wheels are important.
◦ Purchase a pram that is both forward facing and backward.
◦ Get a Safety strap on pram.
◦ Wear Hi-Vis gym clothes.
◦ Go when it is light.
◦ Plan your route- low curbs, smooth road, safe, least fumes, regular feeding/changing places, not far from home etc
◦ Plan around nap time.
◦ Pack snacks, changing things etc.
◦ Invest in a Bum bag with all the essentials in!
◦ Fuel before with a good pre workout meal….and a cup of coffee or tea always goes down a treat for a tired parent.
◦ Take a Telephone For an emergency.
◦ Go with a friend.
◦ Add a circuit, this could entertain a baby watching you sweat it out doing squats, burpees, etc in front of the pram whilst they are all cosy!
◦ Multi task…get groceries from shop on route.
◦ Finish near a child friendly place that they can enjoy such as park, ducks etc.
◦ If you are super tired, remember rest is important. Try walking…and if you are super, super tired from sleepless nights…choose sleep and then try a walk/run another day.
If you would like more support at an individual, or organisational level around improving your Physical & Mental Health, so that you can improve Personal & Professional, Productivity & Happiness, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current seminars include
WFH…WFH Working from Home, Without Forgetting Health
Eat Smart to Leap Health
Activity to Leap Health
Leverage Lockdown Learnings
Bespoke solutions include
Whatever content will add value to you packaged up into an impactful seminar
Support building internal health champions
Initiatives and events to improve corporate health
Heart rate monitoring and stress testing
Connections to other health experts in the field
Or… other innovative, individualised solutions based on your organisation needs
Linkedin- Leap Health Anna Reddy